Dubai is one of the major hubs for global commodities trade which provides the finest opportunities for traders in manufacturing, importing, distributing, and re-exporting a variety of products with great profit and demand. Cosmetic products are one of the most important items among them. Any substances or products projected to be placed in contact with the number of external parts of the human body or with the teeth and the mucous membranes of the oral cavity with an intention of exclusively or mainly to clean, perfume, correct body odors, change appearance protect and/or keep these parts in good condition are Cosmetics.
Similar to other product registration in UAE, cosmetic products also must be registered with the Dubai Municipality to certify that only superior quality products are imported and distributed in UAE. Hence, it is mandatory for any Free Zone or Mainland company to carry out cosmetic product registration in UAE or Dubai as per the authorities’ regulations before launching the products.
This is to guarantee and evaluate the safety of cosmetic products as it is directly applied to the skin, hair, or any other human body part and reduce the trading of any harmful or artificial products and safeguard consumer safety and product quality. The registration of cosmetic products is valid for five years after which the renewal of registration is required for every product.
Benefits of Cosmetic Product Registration in Dubai
- Import and Re-export rights for your products
- Eligible to sell the products across UAE
- 5 years valid registration certificate
- Label and brand protection
- Low tax business opportunity
List of Cosmetics Products
- B2B Products
- Baby care products
- Body care preparations
- Face and neck preparation products
- Foot care
- Hair and scalp products
- Hand care
- Hotel Amenities
- Lip, teeth, mouth care products
- Bath and shower preparations
- Nail and cuticle products
- Oral hygienic products
- Professional use products
- Shaving products
- Skin-whitening products
- Anti-wrinkle products
- Sunscreen and suntan preparations
- Hygienic powders makeup and after-bath powders
- Straightening, fixing, and waving products.
- Toilet soaps, deodorant soaps, etc.
- Perfumes, deodorants, antiperspirants, and cologne
- Cleansing and conditional products
Procedure for cosmetic products registration in Dubai
To register the products with Dubai Municipality, the company must hold a valid trade license in UAE. Hence, the first requirement is to set up a company in UAE with cosmetics trading activity or general trading. You can contact us to register your company in UAE and our consultant will guide you in line with your requirements.
The next step is to register your company with Dubai Municipality. This is a process that includes the submission of documents to DM and providing exact information for each product for which we, Bytes are there to support you.
After registering your company with Dubai Municipality, you can apply for label assessment & product registration. For this, you must provide the product label or artwork to DM and the product sample might be required by DM if any one of the products is selected for Lab test. The label should comply with the regulations of the Dubai Municipality.
Documents Required for Cosmetic Registration
- UAE Valid Free Zone or Mainland Trading / General Trading / Manufacturing company License Copy
- Clear artwork of product (Label image)
- Free sale certificate from the country of origin
- Ingredient’s report
- Certificate of analysis
- GMP certificate
Rules and Regulations for Cosmetic Product Registration
- Product registration is mandatory for selling cosmetic products in the UAE local market.
- Any company that wants to manufacture, import, distribute, or sell any cosmetic product must independently register that product. Registration is valid on a company level and needs the presence of a valid trade/industrial license in the UAE with the relevant activity.
- The cosmetic product ingredients must be safe for humans and comply with the recommended health and safety specifications highlighted in CPSS. Any prohibited ingredient or harmful amount of any controlled ingredient will make it unfit for registration in UAE.
- If the product gets rejected, a product assessment report is provided, and it is not permitted to distribute the products in the local market.
For different cosmetic products, there are different authorities and must submit many specific documents for the product registration and certification.
Cosmetic product registration is essential and complicated and can be done only with the assistance of an experienced product registration consultant in Dubai. And at BYTES, we have the expertise and professional consultants to perform cosmetic product registration in UAE. If you are planning to register your cosmetic products in Dubai, please do not hesitate to contact our experts to support you in completing the entire process efficiently.